search instagram arrow-down

Stephanie Ying Hawthorne

Stephanie

Stephanie

I adore the night time; when the rest of the world is asleep, I chat with the moon. Blogging about life and its lessons, with an occasional glimpse of things I love. ❀

View Full Profile →

what i ponder.

Posts so far.

What's your email so you don't miss out?

Join 657 other followers

Follow late night reflecting on WordPress.com

in case you missed it.

instagram.

twitter.

disclosure.

Stephanie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

She is also an affiliate for another program, imSTONE Gifts.

For more information, see this page.

Advertisements

We bought a pack of salmon a few weeks ago, and we never got around to searching for a glaze recipe to cook with it. So, we finally found one! I’ve never made salmon before, but it wasn’t too difficult to figure out since it was already packaged and whatnot.

Here is the recipe:

• 12 oz skinless salmon
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
  • ½ teaspoon red pepper
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • ⅓ cup less sodium soy sauce
  • ⅓ cup honey

Price:

The salmon was pretty reasonably priced, so if you split the four individual fillets between the two of us, we got a pretty good deal on it!

We just had to separate the salmon fillets. They were already pre-cut, but they were still held together by the skin, so it required a bit more effort to cut the fillets apart.

We then cut the ginger and garlic to combine with the marinade mixture.

Once we mixed it together, we poured half of the mixture in a gallon size bag to let the fillets marinate for about half an hour. I did just a bit longer just in case.

When the marinating process was up, we then cooked the fillets on their skin side first for about 2-5 minutes.

Then, we flipped them to cook a few more minutes.

I finally remembered to pair the dish with sides, [go me!] so I used just some generic minute rice and corn. Once the fillets were finished cooking, I transferred them on our plates and poured the marinade mix on it. I will admit that I got a little sloppy when cutting the ginger, because you can see the chunks of it on the salmon as pictured, but it didn’t hurt the meal.

Taste: This dish was super yummy. I loved how sweet the marinade was, and the salmon was cooked just perfectly! It had a subtle flavor of garlic and ginger to add to the sweetness. I will definitely use this recipe again.

Rating:

Heat level:

0. If you wanted to increase the heat level, I’m sure you could increase the red pepper flakes to do so.

It’s kind of funny to use the fast minute rice again whenever I’ve been using Jasmine rice for the past few meals. My mom usually cooked minute rice, so that’s all I knew how to make until I just decided to make other types of rice. For next time, I probably will use Jasmine rice since there’s a distinct difference between them, I think.

What type of rice do you prefer with your meal?

Advertisements

8 comments on “Food with My Dude #9: Honey Soy Glazed Salmon Recipe.

1. Brittany says:

Salmon is always a great dinner choice! As for rice, I usually prefer jasmine rice. However, I try to be a little healthier by cooking wild rice.. which does not taste as good as jasmine rice does to me.. but I like to tell myself that it is better for me 😂

Hope you guys had a nice weekend ❤

1. Stephanie says:

It’s so good! By far, one of my favorite types of fish. I’ve never tried making wild rice, maybe I’ll have to give it a try.

Haha, I know what you mean, 😅 I can’t live without my carbs! Thanks, Brittany; I hope you all had a wonderful weekend as well!

2. Hunida says:

I actually didn’t know you could buy salmon pre-cut like that, how cool! I am so proud of you for including sides this time, it all looks delicious! 🙂 & I personally love the bigger chunks of ginger– yum!

Jasmine rice is def 10x better than Minute white rice, isn’t it?! I like the Minute brown rice, just because it tastes alright & is easier to digest but man, I’d eat jasmine rice with every meal if I could.

1. Stephanie says:

It was our first time seeing pre-cut salmon in the store, which is a huge relief since I don’t know how to properly cut one! You’d think after working in a sushi restaurant for 6 years, I would’ve learned. 🤷🏻‍♀️ We’re taking baby steps to include sides, haha. 🙂 I could eat ginger by itself, and I definitely do when it comes to sushi! So, so good.

Gosh, I loved Minute rice growing up and thought it was the best thing until I ordered from an Indian restaurant and had their Basmati rice, so I had to expand and try different ones! I’ve never tried the Minute brown rice or have ever really eaten it with my meals, so I’ll have to include that to try! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by, Hunida, and have a splendid night, ♡

Liked by 1 person

1. Hunida says:

Oh wow! I didn’t know you had worked at a sushi restaurant for 6 years, how cool! I love that ginger they give you, too. Boyfriend HATES it lol.

Oh my gosh, Indian Basmati rice is so good! The Minute brown rice isn’t the best but, it’s not bad! 😛 Hope you have a splendid night, too, Stephanie!!

1. Stephanie says:

Yeah, it was my first job! I don’t think I’ve mentioned on here, haha. Ginger is a funky taste, but there’s something about it that’s so good! Haha, got a lot of rice options to choose from so its difficult to choose sometimes!

Liked by 1 person

3. ayrgalaxy says:

Omg this sounds so good we love experimenting with dishes and soy sauce in this house lmao. We dont often make salmon either but this one would be a great start to something new thanks for sharing!

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie says:

Haha, I’m with you on that! Good luck with the experimenting, and thank you for reading! 🙂