search instagram arrow-down

Stephanie Ying Hawthorne

Stephanie

Stephanie

I adore the night time; when the rest of the world is asleep, I chat with the moon. Blogging about life and its lessons, with an occasional glimpse of things I love. ❀

View Full Profile →

what i ponder.

Posts so far.

What's your email so you don't miss out?

Join 626 other followers

Follow late night reflecting on WordPress.com

in case you missed it.

instagram.

twitter.

disclosure.

Stephanie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.

She is also an affiliate for another program, imSTONE Gifts.

For more information, see this page.

Advertisements

That’s the actual recipe name, but I do agree how yummy it is. I hope everyone is staying cool. The past few days have felt so hot!

Huge disclaimer: We used this marinade recipe for pork chops. I don’t know about you, but pork chops are so difficult for me to cook without them drying out!

This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure page for any questions.

Best Steak Marinade in Existence

Stephen’s idea was to try to cook the pork chops in the sous vide to see if they would be tender and juicy. I’ve tried the Shake ‘n Bake mix and oven cooking them and frying them in a pan, but they always dried out or were a little tough to chew, and that was super frustrating.

The marinade requires all these ingredients below. Stephen was the one to gather it all together, so I wasn’t as frantic with gathering the stuff, haha. Here’s the recipe:

• 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons dried basil
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
  • 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)

Price:

Most of the items are average spices that we had, so really, we just needed to buy the pork chops. Since there’s only two of us, we halved the bulk pack and cooked just four of them. I love how easy this is to just measure and put ingredients in a bowl then stir. While I like cutting, this meal doesn’t take long for us at all to prep and cook!

We had to mix all the spices together in a bowl first. the pork chops also needed to be pat down until dry.

Once the marinade was mixed, we poured it into a gallon size bag and put all the pork chops in to marinate. Now, we were supposed to leave the pork chops in the marinade for a certain amount of time, but we just decided to cook them in the marinade while in the sous vide.

In case you’re wondering why we cooked them on 130 degrees, it’s because the sous vide works similar to a slow cooker. The meat was cooking in the sous vide for an hour, so we aren’t undercooking it or anything like that! Haha. Besides, don’t wanna take any chances of food poisoning!

Plus, the cool thing about the sous vide is that there’s an app that we can track along with the device. It tells us how long the meat is cook — in this case, we have about 25 minutes left.

The temperature times varies depending on the doneness of the meat. In this case, you can’t have a pork chop anything but completely done, but it’s a cool device that’s so convenient to use!

Once the cooking time was completed, we took them out of the bag

and cooked them in a skillet to make the outside crispier!

Here’s the final product!

I completely forgot to cook side dishes, and Stephen claims that he isn’t a side dish person, so we just had some pork chops! I also forgot to cut the meat on the counter to show you the inside, so hopefully this messy picture after I cut the pieces up is good enough.

Taste: ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS. Funny thing is, we first tried this marinade recipe on steaks, and we think that it tastes even better with pork chops than the steaks! The marinade has such a wonderful flavor because of all the herbs and spices combined. It went perfect the pork chops! Now that we figured out the way to not dry out the meat, we’ll definitely use this recipe again!

Rating:

Heat level:

0! No heat, just lots and lots of herbs and spices to make this a mild dish!

Sous vide or not, this marinade recipe is super good and you should try making it! I hope you all have another wonderful day. I’m already ready for the weekend!

Advertisements

15 comments on “Food with my dude #6: Best Steak Marinade in Existence.

1. Cordelia. says:

Wow the sous vide machine is PERF especially if you are dealing with pork chops or chicken breasts because they tend to get dry easily! I definitely wanna try this marinade on salmon or chicken! YUM!

1. Stephanie says:

It may be a cheat way of cooking, but if it leads to great food, I’m fine with it! Haha. I definitely recommend the marinade; it’s by far, one of our favorites!

2. Jinjer says:

I had never heard of a sous vide before! Very interesting!

I actually had some success with thick cut, bone-in pork chops cooked in a 400F oven for 20 minutes so I think I will get some more or those pork chops and use your marinade recipe but stick with the 400F for 20 minutes.

That marinade sounds really tasty! Thanks for sharing it.

Too funny that you forgot to make sides and ended up feasting on pork chops. 😀

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie says:

It’s like another member of the Crock Pot family! Haha.

Thanks for sharing the tip! I’ve never tried making bone in pork chops before, I’ve been intimidated by them for some reason! I’ll have to give it a try sometime.

I guess we put all our focus on the pork chops instead of making the sides 😝 I wish you luck if you use the marinade recipe!

Liked by 1 person

1. Jinjer says:

Thanks for the reminder!!! I bought pork chops yesterday but had completely forgotten about the marinade!!! I will get them marinating in it right after breakfast and then I’m going to cook them via that oven method that worked so well last week. I’ll let you know how they turn out!

1. Stephanie says:

Awe, I hope it turns out great for you! They sound yummy already. Definitely keep me updated, I would be interested in trying your way! 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Jinjer says:

Wow! Those were deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!!!! I want that marinade on everything.

Liked by 1 person

1. Stephanie says:

Oh, yay!! So glad you enjoyed the recipe! You absolutely can’t go back after using it! Haha

Liked by 1 person

3. Brittany says:

Wow.. I just realized I have never tried cooking anything sous vide! That app looks so cool though. Now I am tempted to buy one!😂

Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Stephanie ❤ hope your week is going well so far!

1. Stephanie says:

We’ve only used it a few times so far, but it’s definitely my method when it comes to pork chops! I was pretty impressed by the app, I’m still wondering how it works! Haha.

Thanks for reading, Brittany! Hope you’re recovering from your fun trip last week!

4. Hunida says:

I think a lot of people have issues cooking pork chops, I used to think I didn’t like them until boyfriend told me it’s because I’ve only had dry ones lol. They’re still not my favorite meat but they do taste 10x when actually cooked right & kept juicy! That sous vide is SO cool, how awesome that you can time it with that app. I can’t believe Stephen is not a “side person” LOL I cannot just eat meat plain like that! This marinade does sound good though, maybe we’ll pair it with some steamed broccoli & rice in the future. 🙂 thanks for sharing!!

1. Stephanie says:

Fair enough, haha. So does, he make them where they are still juicy!? I need to know the secrets and tips! Haha. I like pork in other forms, but I’m attempting to make these work, even if it’s an easier route.

Everything that I end up making, he gives me the majority of his veggies and side dishes since he hardly eats them! I really don’t know how he does it because I need to eat something else with a meal! I guess it sorta works out since I’ll give him more of the meat, so it balances okay I suppose! Thanks for stopping by, and have a lovely night!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Hunida says:

Every time boyfriend has made porkchops, they are still juicy but I still prefer beef or chicken. 😛 I’ll have to ask him his secret for ya lol. & Hey, at least there is more veg for you!

Hope you have a lovely night as well. ❤

1. Stephanie says:

Haha, thanks! He cooks pretty well so I’d benefit whatever he’d have to say about cooking in general! I certainly can’t complain with the surplus of veggies, haha. ☺️